SHERPA/RoMEO API Version 2.4 has been Closed Down
The changes to the SHERPA/RoMEO Application Programmers' Interface (API) announced on the 4th September 2013 have now been completed, and the legacy version 2.4 of the API has been closed down.
There is now only one version of the API (V.2.9) whose key features are:
- Base URL: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/api29.php
- Query options for ISSN, Journal title, Publisher's name, Update date, etc.
- Output schema providing permission data on all article versions (pre-print/submitted version, post-print/accepted version, and publisher's version/PDF)
- REST URLs for Journal ISSNs and RoMEO Publishers' IDs
- A limit of 500 requests per day for unregistered applications
- Unlimited access for registered applications. Access keys may be obtained gratis from: http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/apiregistry
The need to support the legacy data model of API V.2.4 meant that RoMEO's data could not be structured as efficiently as we would have wished, resulting in some duplication of information and other minor oddities. We are now able to upgrade the database to address these issues and improve the quality of the data that RoMEO provides.
We are continuing to work with heavy users of the API - notably CRIS software providers - to encourage them to use it as efficiently as possible and therefore keeping the load on our servers to a reasonable level.
Updated Technical Manual - http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/romeo/SHERPA%20RoMEO%20API%20V-2-9%202013-11-25.pdf
API Efficiency Tips - http://www.sherpa.ac.uk/documents/Millington-OAI7-poster.pdf