SHERPA Management Group
The following Terms of Reference were discussed and agreed for the SHERPA Management Group at its first meeting at the University of Nottingham, 21st May 2003.
The SHERPA Management Group will:
- Point out strategic directions
- Maintain contact with other
similar projects to ensure that there is no unnecessary duplication of effort
and, insofsar as it is beneficial, that such projects and SHERPA develop
along similar lines particularly with regard to:
- Connectivity with academics
- Sign off key project documentation
- Confirm that key project milestones are being met
- Have an overview of the project timetable, monitoring progress accordingly
- Monitor expenditure and budget activity and guide budgetary control according to project priorities and plans
- The SHERPA project will report
- the SHERPA Management Group
- the FAIR Advisory Board, submitting 6-monthly reports
- The six monthly reports to the FAIR Advisory Board and the Minutes of the SHERPA Management Group will be shared with the CURL Board, with the AHDS and with all SHERPA partners
- These Reporting lines are separate from the normal mechanisms for information dissemination, which are an agreed part of the project.
Paul Ayris: Management Group Chair.
Director of Library Services, UCL
Stephen Pinfield: Management Group Deputy Chair.
SHERPA Project Director. Chief Information Officer, Information Services, University of Nottingham,
SHERPA Project Manager, University of Nottingham
CURL Executive Director
Project Director, SPECTRa, Cambridge University Library
Director, Arts and Humanities Data Service (AHDS)
Head, Digital Library, Edinburgh University Library, representative for the SHERPA partner sites
For matters concerning the SHERPA Management Group, contact:
Paul Ayris, MA, Ph.D.
Director of Library Services
Education & Information Support Division
UCL (University College London)
Tel. +44 (0)20-7679-7834
Fax. +44 (0)20-7679-7373